In Security Manager, "objects" can be ACE, IIB, IBM MQ, TIBCO EMS, Kafka, or Solace objects. To generate security configurations using permits statements, a fully qualified object specification is required. To add, edit, or delete object groups, select Object Group Management from the Security Manager menu.
A sample entry for All Objects and Navigator queues (queues starting with NASTEL) is listed. You can create specific object groups that map to your applications. As you will notice when setting up object groups, an object group can be defined by what it includes or by what it excludes.
Add an object group
- Select Security Manager > Object Group Management.
- Click the add icon .
- On the General tab, enter the object group's Name (required) and a Description of this object group record (optional).
- To prevent others from working on this record, select the Locked option and click Save.
- To set up object groups ahead of time, you can enter their records but select the Disabled option. This prevents them from being accessed before the system is set up and ready to use.
- To specify the parameters of this object group, select the List tab. Enter a value for the Name and select the Type of object that this object group is for. An asterisk can be used to represent "All" (for example, an asterisk under Name indicates "all names." For example, the default record for all objects includes an asterisk in both of these fields.
- Use the Filter Type to indicate how you are treating the specified names and types: do you want to INCLUDE them or EXCLUDE them from this group?
- Click +Add.
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 as needed.
- Click Save.
Edit an object group
Select the check box for an object group's record. On the pop-up menu, click Edit to open the Object Group Properties dialog. Use the Add an object group instructions above to make changes to the record.
On the List tab, you can modify or delete records in the list:
- To edit a record, you can make changes directly in the fields on the dialog. To view longer names more easily, you can also click to open the Object Group Entry Properties dialog, make your changes there, and click Save.
- To delete a record, click .
Click Save on the dialog after making your changes.
Delete an object group
Select the check box for an object group's record. On the pop-up menu, click Delete. On the Delete Confirmation dialog, click Yes to delete the user, or No to cancel the delete action.