The User Management option on the Security Manager menu allows you to add and edit users.
Adding a user to a group simplifies the process of assigning permissions to the user. Once assigned to a group, the user is granted the permissions assigned to the group.
You can assign roles to users that have unique permissions needs. For example, if a user requires more permissions than are granted to a group, the user can be assigned one or more roles that provide access to additional functionality.
Add a new user
- Select Security Manager > User Management.
- Click the add icon .
- On the General tab, enter the user's Name (required) and a Description of this user record (optional).
- To prevent others from working on this record, select the Locked option and click Save. Default records are locked to indicate they should not be changed.
- To set up users ahead of time, you can enter their records but select the Disabled option. This prevents them from logging on before the system is set up and ready to use. You can also use this option to disable a user rather than deleting them.
- The System-generated option is automatically selected if the user was created through import of a list of users from LDAP or some other system resource/application, rather than being manually entered in Security Manager. These users are read-only. They cannot be changed or deleted.
- To add a user to a group, select the User Groups tab. To find a group in the list, enter some or all of the term you want to filter by in the Filter By field. Both columns are immediately filtered by the term that you have entered.
In the All Other Groups column, select the check boxes for the groups to which this user belongs. Click the single left arrow to add the user to selected groups by moving the groups to the Assigned Groups column. Click the double left arrow to add the user to all groups.
If you've assigned a group by mistake, select it and click the single right arrow to remove it from the Assigned Groups column. To remove all groups, click the double right arrow .
- To assign one or more roles to a user, click the Roles tab. Select the checkbox for the roles that carry the permissions that you want the user to have.
- For each role, define the specific areas that you are granting this user access to. Click the expand button to choose the server group that you want to provide access to; then click the expand button for the server group to provide access to an object group.
For a quick, read-only view of only the roles that are assigned to this user, you can hide other roles: click the View Mode slider . The slider turns green to indicate that View Mode is on. In this mode, you can only view roles, server groups, and object groups; you cannot add or remove them.
- Click Save.
Edit a user
Select the check box for a user's record. On the pop-up menu, click Edit. Use the Add a new user instructions above to make changes to the user's record.
Delete a user
Select the check box for a user's record. On the pop-up menu, click Delete. On the Delete Confirmation dialog, click Yes to delete the user, or No to cancel the delete action.