A server group is a collection of middleware servers—including queue managers, EMS or Kafka brokers—that are managed together (for example, PROD vs. TEST or EMEA vs. US). In the security application, servers are managed separately from objects so that it is easy to change the scope of security requests as the environment changes.
Properly configured server groups are required when creating and editing roles and objects.
To configure, create, edit, or remove servers/agents, select Security Manager > Server Group Management. A sample entry for All Queue Managers is listed.
Add a server group
- Select Security Manager > Server Group Management.
- Click the add icon .
- On the General tab, enter the server group's Name (required) and a Description of this server group record (optional).
- To prevent others from working on this record, select the Locked option and click Save.
- To set up server groups ahead of time, you can enter their records but select the Disabled option. This prevents them from being accessed before the system is set up and ready to use.
- To specify the parameters of this server group, select the Server List tab. Enter values for the WGS Name, Node Name, and Manager Name. An asterisk can be used to represent "All" (for example, an asterisk under Manager Name indicates "all managers." The default record for all queue managers includes an asterisk in each of these three fields.
- Click +Add.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 as needed.
- Click Save.
Edit a server group
Select the check box for a server group's record. On the pop-up menu, click Edit. Use the Add a Server Group instructions above to make changes to the record.
On the Server List tab, you can modify or delete records in the list:
- To edit a record, you can make changes directly in the fields on the dialog. To view longer names more easily, you can also click to open the Server Group Entry Properties dialog, make your changes there, and click Save.
- To delete a record, click .
Click Save on the dialog after making your changes.
Delete a server group
Select the check box for a server group's record. On the pop-up menu, click Delete. On the Delete Confirmation dialog, click Yes to delete the user, or No to cancel the delete action.