You have several options when starting a channel.
- From the channel’s pop-up menu, select Commands > Start Channel. The Start Channel window opens.
- Within the Channel Disposition section, you can choose to include Private, Shared or Shared-Linked channel dispositions. Check the box and select the desired option from the drop-down menu.
- Specify the Command scope if needed. For more information on these options, please see the IBM online documentation: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_7.5.0/com.ibm.mq.ref.adm.doc/q088420_.htm
- Click Ok to start the channel, or click Schedule to create a task to start the channel at a specified time (see Scheduling jobs). (The Schedule button will not appear if your WGS is not configured for scheduling.)
- After selecting Start Channel, the status will appear as Initializing or Retrying with the changing state icon .