How we deliver service.
While many of our customers are using Deployment Packs for maintenance, others are still using the classic model applying fixes as we deliver them. This section will describe the various methods we use to deliver these:
- Releases – Full install for major product update (n.m.0)
- E-fixes – Periodic updates providing minor product releases (n.m.x)
- Hotfixes - fixes targeted at specific customers or issues (n.m.x.y)
Full installs are done very infrequently and are complete installations for new usage. E-fixes frequency varies and typically require running upgrades and other tasks when applying them. Hotfixes are done as required to address customers issues. Fix packs are cumulative hot fixes that are published approximately monthly. To expedite applying hot fixes, we try to adhere to the following:
- They only include modules that are changed
- They are intended to be installed over a specific software level
- They only contain fixes to address customer and high severity issues
- They do not require running any database upgrade scripts
The release notes can provide details about any given fix and its prerequisites.