The functionality described in this article is available in Navigator versions 10.4 and greater. See 10.4 Highlights for an overview of feature changes
Some of the content described in this article is available in Navigator versions 10.5 and greater. See 10.5 Highlights for an overview of feature changes.
The Dashboard Ownership Management feature, located on the Global Settings window, is intended to manage the dashboards of inactive users before the users’ accounts are deleted. Administrators can use it to change the ownership of an inactive user's dashboard, assigning it to a different user. Dashboard Ownership Management provides access to any dashboard in the system. You can view all dashboards by clicking Search.
For shared dashboards, the Permissions column shows the groups that have been granted permissions for the dashboard. The ownership of a dashboard can be changed without changing or recreating its permissions. In the Permissions column, the following codes are used:
- The "(rw)" code means that the group has both read and write permission for that dashboard. This is equivalent to both read and write icons being selected: .
- The (r) code means that the group has read only permission for that dashboard. This is equivalent to the read icon being selected: .
To change the owner of a dashboard, follow the instructions below.
- Click the User Settings icon .
- Click Edit global settings.
- Select the Dashboard Ownership Management tab.
- To search for dashboards, use the filter to search by the Owner of the dashboard, by its Title, or All (both Owner and Title). Searches are case-sensitive. Enter the search term and press Enter. Search results list dashboards that match your search entry.
- Select one or more dashboards that you want to change the owner of. As stated above, any permissions associated with the dashboard will be retained under its new owner.
- Click Change Owner to open the Change Dashboard Owner dialog.
- Search for a new Owner using the filter. Enter part or all of the new Owner's name in the search field and click Search.
- Click the Set Owner button that corresponds to the Owner you want to assign to the dashboard. A warning message is displayed.
- Read the warning message carefully.
- If you are sure you want to continue applying changes, click Yes. Otherwise, click No.
If the changes you have made apply to your own account, you must log out and log in again for them to take effect.