Some of the content described in this article is available in Navigator versions 10.4.2 and greater. See 10.4.2 Highlights for an overview of feature changes.
The global notice feature on the Global Settings window allows administrators to add banner messages that display across the top of the window, as shown below. For example, a custom banner could be used to announce scheduled maintenance to all users. A user can close a banner message, but it will be displayed again the next time the user logs in. See the example below.
To add a global notice:
- Click the Edit global settings button located at the bottom of the Settings window.
- Go to the Global Notice tab.
- Enable the Display custom notice option.
- Enter the desired message within the Notice text box. The length of the message cannot exceed 4000 characters.
- To display a warning banner at the top of the window when your workgroup server license is approaching its expiration date, select the Display license expiry notice check box, and enter the number of days in advance that you want the banner to be displayed (prior to the expiration date) in the Threshold (days) field. An example of the banner is displayed below:
- Click Save Changes. From this point forward, all users will see this message displayed at the top of their screens.