Some of the content described in this article is available in meshIQ Manage versions 11 and greater. See meshIQ Highlights v11 for an overview of feature changes.
You can create a Kafka topic from a topic viewlet in one of two ways:
- Select Create Topic from the action menu.
- Click the Add button.
Create a Kafka topic
To create a topic:
- If you clicked the Add button, the Select object path window opens.
- Specify the following items:
- Workgroup server
- Click Select path to open the Kafka Topic Create window.
- Fill in the topic properties (Topic Name is a required field). The Configuration tab is empty during the create process, but is filled in and can be edited when the topic has been created (see the editing instructions below). You can also create your own properties on the Custom Attributes tab.
- Click OK to create the topic.
Edit a Kafka topic
To edit a Kafka topic:
- Select the checkbox for the topic and select Properties... from the action menu. The Kafka Topic Properties dialog opens. The following fields are now present: Is Internal, Preferred Leader Replicas, Replicas not in sync, and Consumer Groups.
- Make your changes on the General tab. If you choose to increase the number of partitions, you will not be able to roll back the change later, since decreases in the number of partitions are not permitted.
- On the Configuration tab, properties are now available for editing. Use the Configuration Entry (Filter by key) and Value (Filter by value) filters to find the configuration entry you want to update. Make your changes by replacing the existing values with new values.
- Click OK to save your changes.