The functionality described in this article is available in Navigator versions 10.5.0.5 and greater. See the Navigator v10.5.0.5 hot fix section of the 10.5 Highlights for an overview of feature changes.
The User Object Ownership Management feature, located on the Global Settings window, is intended to manage the attribute filters, display schemas, and message criteria of inactive users before the users’ accounts are deleted. For example, administrators can use it to change the ownership of an inactive user's message criteria record, assigning it to a different user. User Object Ownership Management provides access to any object in the system.
The management of user objects is governed by the Manage Global Attribute Filters, Manage Global Display Schemas, Manage Global Message Criteria, Manage Shared Attribute Filters, Manage Shared Display Schemas, Manage Shared Message Criteria, Manage Private Attribute Filters, Manage Private Display Schemas and Manage Private Message Criteria rights. See Navigator GUI Feature Rights for details.
To change the owner of a user object, follow the instructions below.
- Click the User Settings icon .
- Click Edit global settings.
- Select the User Object Ownership Management vertical tab. Three horizontal tabs are displayed: Attribute Filters, Display Schema, and Message Criteria.
- Select the horizontal tab that corresponds to the object or objects that you want to change the ownership of.
- To search for objects, do the following:
- Attribute Filters: Select the Product and Viewlet Type of the attribute filter you want to change the ownership of. Use the Filter list to choose a method to further narrow down results (by the attribute filter's Owner, Title, or All [either Owner or Title]). Enter a search value.
- Display Schema: Select the Product and Viewlet Type of the schema you want to change the ownership of. For products that include an Object Sub Type selection, the Object Sub Type All shows only schemas that apply to all Sub Types. Use the Filter list to choose a method to further narrow down results (by the schema's Owner, Title, or All [either Owner or Title]). Enter a search value.
- Message Criteria: You can view all message criteria records by clicking Search. Or, use the Filter list to choose a method to further narrow down results (by the message criteria record's Owner, Title, or All [either Owner or Title]). Enter a search value.
- Click Search to retrieve a list of results.
- (Optional.) To view object details, click anywhere on the blue bar with the left arrow .
Click the right arrow to collapse details again.
- Select one or more objects that you want to change the owner of.
- Click Change Owner to open the Change User Object Ownership dialog.
- Search for a new Owner using the filter. Enter part or all of the new Owner's name in the search field and click Search.
- Click the Set Owner button that corresponds to the Owner you want to assign to the object. A warning message is displayed.
- Read the warning message carefully.
- If you are sure you want to continue applying changes, click Yes to update the Owner Name for the object. Otherwise, click No.
If the changes you have made apply to your own account, you must log out and log in again for them to take effect.