When your tracking application is run on premises it uses AutoPilot authentication: users are managed from AutoPilot. You can review users in Admin settings, but you cannot delete or edit them.
Administrators and the Administrator User
In Admin Settings, the Teams tab shows AutoPilot groups.
- Version 1.5: This is in the Organization Manager (Main Menu > Admin Settings > Organization tab).
- Version 1.6 and later: This is in Teams ( Main Menu > Admin Settings > Teams).
Members of the Administrators group have special privileges. The table below describes the default privileges of administrators compared to non-Administrators when it comes to repositories. As noted below, users who are not Administrators must be given permission to view data in repositories.
Provided as sample repositories for testing
All Other Repositories
Only visible with explicit permission
Members of the Administrators group in AutoPilot become "Organization Admins" in the tracking application. This means that they have Modify permission for everything in the application except for a small number of features that can only be modified by the Administrator user, such as the default Date/Time Format and chart colors.
Teams and Repositories
The users and teams that are configured in AutoPilot are visible in the tracking application, but do not have access to data at first. To view data in a repository, a team requires permission to view both the repository and the dashboard.
Assigning repositories to teams
Version 1.5: This is in the Organization Manager (Main Menu > Admin Settings > Organization tab).
- On the Teams tab, select a team and click Edit.
- The Manage Team Members tab lists users on the team:
- The Manage Team Repositories lists the repositories that team members can see.
- To assign repositories to the team, click Add.
- When assigning a repository to a team, you also must choose a team role for the team:
- The Admin role has Modify permissions for the repository.
- The User role has View permissions for the repository.
Version 1.6 and later: You can assign a team to a repository through team setup or repository setup.
- Choose Teams or Repositories:
- Teams setup: Go to Main Menu > Admin Settings > Teams. Click the View/Edit Team Repositories button in the Repositories column for the team you want to assign a repository to.
Repositories setup: Go to Main Menu > Admin Settings > Repositories. Click the View/Edit Members button in the Members column for the repository you want to assign a team to.
- Select a repository from the Repositories list
- Select a Role for this team in the repository (View or Modify).
- Click Assign.
Assigning Dashboards to Teams
The owner of a dashboard and team members with Modify permission for the dashboard can share a dashboard with any team that they are a member of.
To share a dashboard with a team:
- Right-click the dashboard tab.
- Select Assign to Teams to view the list of teams to which you belong:
- Choose to grant View or Modify permission:
- To grant a team View permission for the dashboard, select the View (eye) icon. It turns green:
- To grant a team Modify permission for the dashboard, select the Modify (pencil) icon. Both icons turn green:
With Modify permission, members of this team can now share the dashboard with other teams to which they belong.
For a specific dashboard, either Modify permission for the repository or Modify permission for the dashboard is enough to modify the repository. To disable modification, change both the repository and the dashboard permissions to View.