The functionality described in this article is available in XRay versions 1.5 and greater.
By setting up an XRay Slack action, you lay the framework for messages to be sent to users or channels (groups of users). Slack actions send Slack messages; email actions send emails.
For information about setting up Slack actions, see step 3 of Social Integration: Slack. In Step 4 of that article, you’ll associate Slack actions with alerts so that messages are sent in certain cases.
Before creating an email action, you must set up an email provider. See Providers.
You can send an email to any email address (individual or group). Messages can include text, variables, or both.
- From Main Menu > Admin Settings > Actions, select Email.
- Click Create.
- Enter an Action Name.
- Select the Provider Name that will send emails for this action.
- Select the MIME type: Text/plain or text/html.
- Enter “from” and “to” email addresses in the Mail From and Mail To An optional Mail CC field is available to copy the message to additional addresses.
- Enter the Subject of the message to be sent.
- Enter the Message text and variables, if desired. For more information about creating and formatting messages, see Templates and Message Formatting.
- To verify that messages can be sent through the email provider, click Test. XRay displays a confirmation message to inform you that the test email was sent successfully.
- Click OK.