See the below sections for information on how to import or export remote Solace brokers (nsqcmsolace.jar) in bulk using the nsqmigr utility.
Export (get) remote Solace brokers
Perform the following to bulk export remote Solace brokers:
- Run a command similar to the following to create an information (.info) containing a list of all remote Solace brokers. Please note that the -S parameter must be uppercase.
nsqmigr -g -S -f<filename>.infoFor a full list of commands, enter the command: nsqmigr -?
The following command will generate the file, remote_sol.info, and will write all remote Solace brokers from the workgroup server database to it. The file will be created in C:\nastel\apwmq\config\groups\remote_sol.info.
C:\nastel\apwmq\bin>nsqmigr -g -S -fC:\nastel\apwmq\config\groups\remote_sol.info
- The file is now created. The default export directory is [APWMQ_HOME]/config/groups, but can be overwritten by using the -O parameter.
All remote Solace brokers and their associated fields will be written to the information file created. The fields are as follows:
The following is an example of a the information (.info) file.
All fields are required, but you do no have to supply values for all of them.
Import (put) remote Solace brokers
Perform the following to bulk import remote Solace brokers:
- You will need to create an information (.info) file to define each remote Solace broker being imported. To create this file, either:
- manually create this file to define each remote Solace broker being imported. Add the fields listed in the Exported fields section above for each remote Solace broker. See Example file above for a sample; or
- follow the steps in the Export (get) remote Solace brokers section above to export the remote Solace brokers. Update the file accordingly.
- Place the file in:
- Run a command similar to the following to import the file. Please note that the -S parameter must be uppercase.
nsqmigr -p -S -f<filename>.infoExample:
The following command will import the remote Solace brokers from the remote_sol.info file located in C:\nastel\apwmq\config\groups.
C:\nastel\apwmq\bin>nsqmigr -p -S -fC:\nastel\apwmq\config\groups\remote_sol.info
- The remote Solace brokers are now imported in to the WGS database. The info file is automatically backed up in [APWMQ_HOME]/config/groups/workgroup/history and is not deleted.