Some of the content described in this article is available in Navigator versions 10.3 and greater.
A dashboard is a way to organize information. Each dashboard contains viewlets, which provide details about specific objects, such as queue managers, queues, connections, or topics.
The tabs at the top of the screen represent different dashboards. Dashboards are composed of two main sections:
- The summary panel at the top of the dashboard displays the main viewlets of the object.
- The Console panel displays viewlets containing additional object information, for example,
- messages, attributes, or object statuses.
The Workspace dashboard is the default dashboard, and users will see it immediately after logging in.
The default dashboard can be changed.
The Workspace dashboard consists of:
- Workgroup Servers viewlet: Displays a list of workgroup servers currently configured and whether you are connected. Select a workgroup server's checkbox to display its pop-up menu, which includes options to create nodes, remote queue managers, or remote EMS managers.
- Node viewlet: Displays the nodes for each workgroup server.