The functionality described in this article is available in meshIQ Manage versions 11 and greater. See meshIQ Highlights v11 for an overview of feature changes.
You can create an exact copy of a channel authentication record or use an existing record as a basis for a new one.
- Use Copy to create an exact duplicate.
- Use Copy As to use an existing record to create a new one with a different name than the original.
Copy a channel authentication record
- Select Commands > Copy from a Channel auth record's pop-up action menu.
The Copy objects to selected path icon changes color from grey to orange:
- Click the Copy objects to selected path icon. The Select Object Path dialog opens.
- Choose a path for the new object using the lists provided.
- Click Paste. After the object has been pasted successfully, a green Success Message is temporarily displayed in the lower right corner of the window. The new record appears in the viewlet:
Create a duplicate channel authentication record with a new name
- Select Commands > Copy As... from a Channel auth record's pop-up action menu.
The Channel Authentication Records dialog opens:
- Type a name for the new record in the Channel profile field. Fill in other tabs and fields as needed. See Channel Authentication Record for more information.
- Click OK. After the new record has been created successfully, a green Success Message is temporarily displayed in the lower right corner of the window. The new record appears in the viewlet: