Some of the content described in this article is available in Navigator versions 10.3 and greater.
Users can load single or multiple messages from .mmf files, .txt files, or files created by the IBM dmpmqmsg utility.
- Select Load from File from the Messages viewlet or Load from File from the Queue Viewlet Messages menu options. The Command settings dialog box for loading messages is displayed.
- Choose the file format you’re loading from. Choices are as follows:
- Text/binary. Choose this option for plain text format.
- MMF. The MMF option is a Navigator proprietary Message Management File format. Please be aware that when this file type is selected, extra data, such as headers, will be saved.
- Dmpmqmsg. This option indicates a character-encoded binary file that was produced by the IBM dmpmqmsg utility, which saves messages from a queue into a file.
- Use the list on the right to choose between US-ASCII and IBM EBCDIC International encoding. The encoding method in the list will be reflected in the Message Headers Data. If you select the Force Encoding checkbox, not only the message headers, but the message encoding type (in the Encoding list) and message data itself will also reflect your selection.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Click Yes to load a file right away.
- Click Configure to specify settings (such as the delimiter to be used) in the Load Message settings window. Click Use Once to use the updated settings without saving them. Click Save Changes to use the settings and keep them the next time you load messages from a file.
- Double-click the file to load messages into the queue.
If the file that is loaded contains more messages than the queue’s maximum depth, an error message similar to the following will be displayed: