We are in the process of upgrading to version 8 and wanted to know if there are any specific requirements to use it.
MySQL version 8 requires the following changes to work with AutoPilot for fact and policy recording and with Navigator. Note, that only workgroup server version 10 has been certified with this version using JDBC support.
First, the existing mysql-connector.jar needs to be replaced with the version provided by connector/J.
To do this,
- Download the latest driver driver if Connector/J was not installed as part of the MySQL distribution
- Stop all AutoPilot services
- Move the existing mysql-connector.jar for <AUTOPILOT_HOME>/lib to a back up location
- Copy the Connector/J jar file into <AUTOPILOT_HOME>/lib renaming it to mysql-connector.jar
- If using Navigator, also copy this jar to <AUTOPILOT_HOME>/apache-tomcat/lib (or location for your web server)
Next, MySQL must be configured to use a system character set of latin1. This can be done either from the workbench or by editing the startup configuration file.
In the workbench, select Instance > Options File settings
and in the location option box, enter character-set-server
Then set the field to latin1 (on the General Tab under Internationalization)
If using an options file, add or change the file to include
Finally, after making this change, the MySQL server will need to be restarted as well as all AutoPilot services.
You can now use the server with Navigator and AutoPilot.
When configuring JDBC settings, use the following:
url format: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/nastel_apwmq