Licenses are configured with an expiration date; your workgroup server will no longer start after your license expires. See the steps below on how to retrieve and install a new license.
Check out the article, Creating a policy for your AutoPilot M6 license, for instructions on how to implement a policy that will send you an e-mail notification 30 days prior to the expiration date of your workgroup server.
Step 1: Obtain your license
Refer to the article, My license is expiring, how do I get a new one?, for information on how to get a new license.
You can open your license file to view the parameters, but do not update it as this will invalidate the license.
Step 2: Install your license
- The name of your new license file will be AutoPilot M6.lic. Create a backup of this new file for safe keeping.
- Stop the server.
- Your current, expiring license file is located as follows. Rename this file to back it up.
.../opt/nastel/AutoPilotM6/naming/AutoPilot M6.licAutoPilot can run without a license in some cases. If you do not find the license in this location, just continue to the next step.
- Transfer the new license file into the same directory.
- Restart your server.
Step 3: Confirm that your license was properly installed
View your license's parameters to confirm successful installation. Perform the following:
- From a command line, run the following command.
- If successfully installed, your license's parameters, similar to the below, will display.