Date: May 2022
Package: (AP60_SU33.pkg) ServiceUpdate 33 (6.0.33) for AutoPilot M6
You MUST complete the steps listed below under known problems after applying this
service update before starting any of the services.
This memo contains the following information:
NOTE: This version supports java 1.8 or higher. Existing installations must be updated
to run with a JRE of at least 1.8.
Please take a backup of the AUTOPILOT folders before applying any maintenance in order to expedite restoring to a previous version if required.
Service updates (SUnn) are non-cumulative service packs, and usually require the previous level of a service pack to be installed. Service update patches (SUnn.x) are replacements for other updates for the same service update (nn).
Service updates usually include bug fixes, and minor enhancements.
- AutoPilot M6 6.0
- ServiceUpdate 6.0.32.x (Service updates are not cumulative for major versions)
The update provides enhancements relevant for both server and administration installations. It is recommended that you install this package on all AutoPilot M6 6.0 installations.
1. Stop all AutoPilot services and applications.
2. Copy the package into [AUTOPILOT_HOME]/updates
3. From command prompt:
where <ver> AutoPilot version, # service update number.
Note: You must start one of the Autopilot services (Domain Server, CEP or Enterprise Manager) to finalize installation BEFORE installing any other packages. However, there are manual changes required at this point before you can start them.
4) In order to use log4j v2, a manual change is required to several files.
4.1) These lax files need to be updated manually:
- If you run multiple CEP instances, the atpnode.lax file must be change in every CEP folder.
To make these changes,
- Edit the respective lax file.
- Locate the line beginning lax.nl.java.option.additional=
- Make sure that only 1 line with this property is present, only the last active one applies
- Add the following options to end of the current settings on a single line
- Any existing -Dserver.log4j.config setting can be left or removed.
- Save the file.
If running a standalone Enterprise Manager (EM), in addition to updating the lax file as described above, you must copy the file tnt4j.properties and tnt4j-tokens.properties from the AUTOPILOT_HOME folder from the server to the AUTOPILOT_HOME folder on the system where EM is running (default nastel\AutoPilotM6).
4.2) For the apache-tomcat web server, the webapps folder may contain m6console.war. The m6console is no longer required except for self monitoring of tomcat and can be removed. However, if you want to retain it, you will need to make changes to the startup. These changes are not required for Navigator or XRay web applications.
- edit the apache-tomcat/bin/catalina.sh file
- locate the line containing -Dautopilot.home=$AUTOPILOT_HOME
- Add the following after AUTOPILOT_HOME
- Save the file
- Windows when running as a service
- cd to the apache-tomcat\bin folder
- remove the existing web service, such as
- m6service remove M6WebServer
- reinstall in the m6 web service
- m6service install M6WebServer [AUTOPILOT_HOME] [JRE_HOME]
- [AUTOPILOT_HOME] [JRE_HOME] are not required if defined as environment variables
- m6service install M6WebServer [AUTOPILOT_HOME] [JRE_HOME]
You can now start the restart services. A full or partial start is required before you can run any utilities. A partial start can be accomplished by doing "ATPNAMES --help" or "ATPNODE --help". This must be done at least once on every server where the maintenance was applied before installing any of the required updates listed below.
5. Verify installation (use "pkgman -info" to list all installed packages)
[AUTOPILOT_HOME]/bin/pkgman -verify "ServiceUpdate"
If you need to restore the service update to start again at a later time, you can uninstall latest ServiceUpdate:
[AUTOPILOT_HOME]/bin/pkgman -uninstall "ServiceUpdate"
Or preferably, restore the backup you took before starting.
6. The changes with SU33 are not compatible with previous versions of experts.
This includes Navigator WGS, IBM MQ Experts, Scheduler and XRay. After installing this update, you must also update the following to the version shown, or later as described in their respective release notes.
- Navigator WGS 10.4.1
- XRay 1.4.1
- Scheduler 0.1.15
- WMQ Expert 10.4.1
- Core-GEF 2.3.3
- Tibco EMS 2.4.5
note: The AP_JMX.* plugins are not compatible with Su33. Please contact support if you are running any of these experts.
Update to use log4j V2. New file log4j2.xml controls logging options.
Please review and modify as required to match log4j.properties. This file is not deleted but is not used after applying SU33.
Updated M6 books can be obtained from the Resource Center
If the manual changes listed above and required experts are not installed, the services will fail to start.
AutoPilot M6 - 6.0 su33
0026509: [Admin Console] provide 'purge' capability; removing user information for those where 'last seen' / 'modified' date is more than 90 days.
0019966: [pkgman] Package Manager may not include files into uninstall that are required
AutoPilot M6 - 6.0 su32
0020354: [Domain Server] Encrypt communication between Domain, CEP and Enterprise Manager
0025871: [Domain Server] Add support for shared authentication services for Single Signon
0020995: [Policies] when logging sensors, If the connection for the database fails, terminate attempting until restart
0020472: [CEP Server] Grid priority specified in CEP node.properties file does not seem to be taken into account
0022792: [Policies] Provide the ability to send traps to multiple servers
0025265: [CEP Server] streamed facts produces multiple snapshots for facts that should be combined
AutoPilot M6 - 6.0 su31.2
- 0020993: [Policies] database password in sensor files should be encrypted
- 0020994: [Policies] db password should support an environment variable for value
- 0022432: [Domain Server] Option to ignore username case
- 0024477: [CEP Engine] Unable to deploy SNMP Expert due to class not found in SU31
AutoPilot M6 - 6.0 su31.1
- 0022313 - snmp v2/v3 logic improvements comparable to SU30.7
AutoPilot M6 - 6.0 su31
- 0018607 [CEP Engine] AutoPilot Policy Integration with XRay
- 0022760 [Policies] remove attempt to use default mail server (smtp.mail.org)
- 0020993 [Policies] database password in sensor files may not be encrypted
- 0024226 [CEP Engine] Facts streamed that have no hierarchy report incorrect fact name
- 0024225 [CEP Engine] Streaming fact snapshot name should include service name to make it unique
- 0022762 [Installation] Update tnt4j and related libraries