Subject: Navigator Server 10.4.0
- WGS_10.4.0.9.pkg -- Workgroup Server 10 Expert
- webapps\navigator.war -- Navigator war files (10.4.0.7)
- webapps\navigator-server.war -- Navigator war files (10.4.0.7)
- webapps\navxwsm.war -- Navigator X Security Manager (10.4.0.8). This version requires the new REST API 10.4.0.
- nsqcmems.jar -- TIBCO EMS Agent
- nsqcmkafka.jar -- Kafka Agent
- nsqcmace.jar -- IIB/ACE Agent
- nsqcmsolace.jar -- Solace Agent
- nsqcmsolace.properties -- Solace properties
- WGS_REST_10.4.0.pkg -- Workgroup Server 10 REST Prereq Pack
- WGSRP-10.3.0.pkg -- Workgroup Server 10 Resource Pack
Including but unchanged since 10.3.x
- AP_IBMMQ-10.3.0.pkg -- MQ plugin for WorkGroup Server 10
- AP_IBMMQRP-10.3.0.pkg -- MQ plugin for WorkGroup Server 10 Resource Pack
- note: Resource Packs are only installed once for any Navigator installation. Do not install this if you previously installed any version of a Navigator Resource Pack
Including but unchanged since 10.2.x
- webapps\apodwsm.war -- Web Security Manager (10.2.3)
- nsqcmace.properties -- IIB/ACE properties
Including but unchanged since 10.1.x
- nsqcmkafka.properties -- Kafka Agent properties
- nsqcmems.properties -- EMS Agent properties
This package can be used for a new installation or to update an existing installation.
Please see the WGS Expert installation guide for specific steps to proceed.
This version ships a new security manager web application (navxwsm), which requires the new REST API 10.4.0. The package also includes the original web security manager (apodwsm).
Both are compatible with 10.4 and either (or both) can be used. The new one offers significant usage improvements and benefits. In order to run navxwsm, you must have the REST interface active and apply the 10.4.0 REST Prereq Pack.
Support for Solace Pubsub+ is new for this release. The primary deliverable was support via the REST API, but we included GUI viewlet support. We encourage comments regarding this new functionality.
- Stop all Navigator processes (including CEP and Domain Server).
- Back up the %APWMQ_HOME% directory and existing database tables.
- Place Nav_Server_10.4.0.zip in the installation directory (%APWMQ_HOME%).
- Unzip the file.
- Extract contents 'here', under %APWMQ_HOME%, replacing existing content.
- Run pkgman to install the latest WGS_10 package.
a) If this is a new install, install additional packages such as resource packs, scheduler, and experts.
- Run nsqjdbcmk to upgrade your database tables.
- Copy the war files from the webapps folder to the Tomcat webapps folder.
- Restart Navigator processes.
- Finalize any setup for WGS operation, including configuration of WGS, REST API, and scheduler.
IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTES:
When upgrading from a version prior to 10.1.x, you will need to review the connection definitions. See the
Installation Guide or this FAQ (https://customers.meshiq.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500001339321) for details.
In Summary, 10.1.x and higher move the management of Workgroup server connections from a user task to an administrator task. However, since existing definitions may have various attributes, a first step after
upgrading is for an administrator to review the generated ones (names start GEN_), rename them, and clean up any that are not required.
If upgrading from Scheduler 1.11 to a later version and you want to preserve currently scheduled jobs, a manual SQL statement must be run.
Please contact your Support Representative for help with this step.
Navigator HTML WebGUI 10.4.0.7
See 10.4 Highlights for an overview of feature changes.
24908: [Feature] Support deleting of IIB message flows
25368: [Viewlet] Viewlet Filter By specific columns not all columns
25383: [Feature] Ability to sort data on two different columns in viewlet schemas
25543: [Feature] Provide "freeze pane" option in Navigator Viewlet
25680: [Dashboards] Login with all viewlets collapsed
25914: [Feature] Add Ability to set navigator session timeouts via GUI
25925: [Feature] Add a global setting to set a minimum viewlet refresh interval value
26072: [Feature] Provide quick access for force refresh for local queues when viewlet result set is 100 or less
26078: [Feature] Ability to change ownership of dashboards from one user to another
26137: [Dashboards] IIB Navigator GUI does not show Activity Logs for message flows.
26486: [Security Exposure] upgrade from log4j v1 to log4j v2
26527: [Viewlet] Use Result limit for each type, when selecting "All" for queues and channels
various internal bug fixes
Workgroup Server Expert 10.4.0.9
24807: [Feature] Audit Logging does not appear to provide expected level of detail
25119: [Bug] Only single instance of the cluster queue displayed in the viewlet
25387: [Bug] POST request is failing for channels
25454: [Feature] Add support for setting queue manager certlabl
25481: [Feature] Add project number / ait to the APODWSM database and audit report
26052: [Bug] If WGS encounters error loading cache, it should stop
26287: [Feature] Add support for TIBCO JNDI Connection Factories
26328: [Feature] Add support for EMS JNDI Connection Factories
REST API 10.4.0.6
0026051: [Feature] Solace REST support
0026328: [Feature] Add support for EMS JNDI Connection Factories
EMS Administration 10.4.0.11
0026286: [General] Add support for JNDI Connection Factories
Solace Administration 10.4.0.11
0026048: [General] CM for Solace Foundation