Navigator includes a command window, in which you can execute multiple commands using a script. You can also apply commands to a connection manager node. See Apply Script and Connection Manager Nodes for more information.
- From a queue manager’s pop-up menu, select MQSC > Apply script to open the command window.
- Choose one of the following:
- Type the commands in the Script box located on the left side of the screen
- Or, click Load from file to import commands from a .txt file.
- Click Submit to execute the commands. The results are displayed on the right side of the screen in the Response box.
- Use the Find button located at the top-right of the window to easily search for details within the Response box. You can click Clear at any time to clear the response.
- (Optional.) Click the Save button to save the command window’s contents as a .txt file.
Click the History button to view a list of what scripts you have run during the current session. (The list will not be saved after the command window is closed.)
Apply Script and Connection Manager Nodes
The Apply Script command when applied to a connection manager node can also handle multiple MQSC commands, but the output will be slightly different (see figure below). The replies for each command will be separated by a dashed line, and a summary of commands processed, failed and valid, will appear at the end of the output, similar to a runmqsc command summary.