To view a list of all articles related to security, visit the security home page in the Resource Center.
The security application is where administrators configure user authorizations for the management application. These authorizations are used by management tools and the workgroup server to determine the rights for accessing specific features.
You can access security in two ways:
1. Access the URL directly using the addresses below. All versions look at the same data.
- Original (pre-10.4) version: Go to http://<Workgroup Server IP:port>/apodwsm.
A username and password are required. Contact Support if you do not have a login.
- Newer 10.4 version: http://<Workgroup Server IP:port>/navxwsm.
Use your management application credentials to log into the security application. This version supports basic security only.
- Version 11: http://<Workgroup Server IP:port>/secure/login
2. Click the button in the management application. The button will go to the configured security application.
The key attributes of the security model are described below. The help links below apply to versions 10.4 and later.
- Users/Groups – Users and groups of users as logged into Navigator, utilities, etc.
Manage Users | Manage Groups
- Roles – A set of specific rights and permissions; that is, what an individual user or members of a user group can “do.”
- Server Group – A set of managers to which a set of security definitions applies.
Manage Server Groups
- Object Group – A set of queue channels to which a set of security definitions applies.
Manage Object Groups
- Audit – Defines audit rules and when Audit entries are created.
- Trust profile – Defines valid access points.
- Export and Import Data – Learn how to export and import security data.
- Audit Reports – Audit the actions of users and or view database interactions.
Management Audit Report (users) | Security Manager Audit Report (database)
- API Role Management – Create API Roles to restrict users' actions, and assign User Groups to those roles.
Create API Roles