See the below sections for information on creating a cluster.
Confirm that the below criteria is met before creating a new cluster:
- The queue managers have a running listener.
Steps to create a cluster
- In a queue manager viewlet, select the queue manager by clicking the box immediately to the left of its name. Please note, you can select multiple queue managers. Select Cluster membership > Join… from the action pop-up menu.
- The Choose the action window opens. Select Create a new cluster and click Next.
- Enter a unique name for the cluster and click Next.
- Information about the first selected queue manager to join the cluster is displayed on the First full repository queue manager window. Click Next.
- On the next screen, select the second queue manager to join the new cluster. Click the Next button.
If a repository queue manager belongs to an existing cluster, an error message will display. If you still want to use the queue manager(s), the cluster will need to be configured using MQSC commands.
- According to the instructions displayed on the Creating cluster channels window, you will need to define the cluster-receiver channel and channel connection name for both queue managers on the proceeding windows. The channel connection name must be in the following format: Host_or_IP_of_Queue_Manager(Listener_Port). For example: 192.168.2.50(5555)
- On the final screen, review the summary of the cluster being created. Click Back to make adjustments or Finish to create the cluster.
Viewing the new cluster
View the new cluster you created within a cluster queue manager viewlet. If you need to add a cluster queue manager viewlet, see Adding a viewlet to your dashboard for general information on adding a viewlet.