The functionality described in this article is available in meshIQ Manage versions 11 and greater. See meshIQ Highlights v11 for an overview of feature changes.
Within a cluster, you can move messages from a put-inhibited queue on one queue manager to another queue of the same name on another queue manager. This functionality is only for put-inhibited queues that are shared within a cluster.
- Both queue managers have joined the same cluster.
- The two queues (one on each queue manager) have the same name.
- On the properties of the two queues, the Cluster tab must indicate Shared in a cluster.
- The queue you are moving messages from must be "Put Inhibited" and the other must be "Put Allowed."
To see this functionality, verify that all criteria listed in the prerequisites section have been met. Then:
- Select the checkbox for the put-inhibited queue and make sure that the Messages submenu includes the Distribute to Cluster item. This option indicates that messages put to this queue can be moved to another queue of the same name on a different queue manager.
- Click Distribute to Cluster.
- A list of potential destinations is displayed, along with a confirmation message:
- Click Continue. If messages have been moved successfully, a Success message is displayed in the lower right corner of the window.
- Wait for the queues to be moved and for the viewlet data to be refreshed, or refresh the viewlet manually. The messages will be included on the second (Put Allowed) queue.