Date: January 2019
Package: (AP60_SU28.7.pkg) ServiceUpdate 28 (6.0.28) for AutoPilot M6
This memo contains the following information:
Service updates are non-cumulative service packs, and usually require a certain level of a service pack installed. Service updates usually include bug fixes, and minor enhancements.
IMPORTANT: ServiceUpdate 23 (6.0.23) and higher increases the minimum requirement for java to 1.7 or higher.
IMPORTANT: ServiceUpdate 21 (6.0.21) introduces changes to the fact state recording data model. See "Release Notes" section below for more details.
IMPORTANT: ServiceUpdate 19 (6.0.19) introduces changes to the fact state recording data model. See "Release Notes" section below for more details.
IMPORTANT: ServiceUpdate 16 (6.0.16) introduces changes to the sensor SQL logging data model. See "Release Notes" section below for more details.
IMPORTANT: ServiceUpdate 12 (6.0.12) introduces fundamental changes to the fact structure (see issues 0003929, 0003931) and as a result is not compatible with pre SU12 instances. ServiceUpdate 12 must be installed on all instances within M6 domain including domain server, cep servers, admin consoles, m6 web consoles. Mixing SU12 with pre SU12 instances will cause communication failures. It is recommended that all M6 instances are upgraded to SU12.
- AutoPilot M6 6.0
- ServiceUpdate 6.0.27 (Service updates are not cumulative). Can also be applied to SU27.1
The update provides enhancements relevant for both server and administration installations. It is recommended that you install this package on all AutoPilot M6 6.0 installations.
- Stop all AutoPilot services and applications
- Copy the package into [AUTOPILOT_HOME]/updates
- From command prompt:
[AUTOPILOT_HOME]/bin/pkgman ../updates/AP<ver>_SU<#>.pkgwhere <ver> AutoPilot version, # service update number
- Verify installation (use "pkgman -info" to list all installed packages)
[AUTOPILOT_HOME]/bin/pkgman -verify "ServiceUpdate"
To uninstall latest ServiceUpdate:
[AUTOPILOT_HOME]/bin/pkgman -uninstall "ServiceUpdate"
Updated AutoPilot M6 books can be obtained from the Documentation page.
About SU28 (.x)
- performance and usability improvements
- performance and usability improvements
- ServiceUpdate 26 (6.0.26) provides out of the box support for the support portal. If you would like more contact, please contact your support representative.
About SU25 (.2)
IMPORTANT: ServiceUpdate 25 (6.0.25) integrates Autopilot Insight enablement into the base installation. If you have installed apinsight.pkg, you should uninstall it before applying SU25 and keep backups of tnt4j.properties, log4j,properties, and sinknames.properties, and global.propertues then restore after applying the service update
- SU24 is a maintenance release to fix several product issues.
SU23 is a maintenance release to fix several product issues. It addresses an issue running executable files on Windows with Java 60 or higher. However, since some binaries may be in use, after installing, rename bin\pkgman2.exe and bin\apman2.exe replacing the original files.
SU22 updates several previously shipped jar files and older versions are deleted.
A new version of the web console (m6console.war) is included which has code signed using a non-expiring certificate.
SU21 introduces changes to the sensor logging schema. "Location" column must be added to all sensor logging tables. Below is an example for MySQL:
ALTER TABLE `m6_schema`.`your-table` ADD COLUMN `Location` VARCHAR(148) AFTER `ObjectType`;
The new column must be added to all sensor tables created using SU19 or earlier (SU20 created this attribute for new tables but didn't use it).
A new version of the web console (m6console.war) is included and must be manually deployed to the application server (removing any prior versions). This can be confirmed by checking the copyright date on the login screen and it specifies 2015.
New environment variables are introduced to allow configuring SMTP email settings such as authentication and TLS. These include sensor.default.email.smtp (email host), sensor.default.email.port (SMTP port: default 25), sensor.default.email.auth (authentication required: true/false), sensor.default.email.tls (use TLS: true/false), sensor.default.email.user (auth user), sensor.default.email.password (auth password). These can used or overridden in the policy manager e-mail properties tab.
SU20 introduces changes to the fact recording data model, specifically to the fact state and fact summary tables(ft_state, ft_summary). Existing ft_state & ft_summary table need to be upgraded before running fact state recording with SU20. Additional table 'ft_anomaly' has been introduced in SU20. This table is used to record fact anomalies. Fact anomalies are recorded only when
"<Service>/Properties/Recording/Record Fact Anomalies" is set to true.
See <aphome>/sql-scripts/system/<schema>_update_20.sql upgrade sql files.
See <aphome>/sql-scripts/system/<schema>.sql files for details.
SU19 introduces changes to the fact recording data model, specifically to the fact state table (ft_state). Existing ft_state table need to be upgraded before running fact state recording with SU19.
See <aphome>/sql-scripts/system/<schema>_19.sql files for details.
SU18 introduces important changes:
1) updated SYSTEM/nodes/node_health.bsv policy, which includes additional sensors:
* Monitoring CEP server GC activity
* Monitoring communication throughput
2) Updated M6Console (m6console.war)
3) apfact usage has changed to avoid value parsing problems.
* Dropped support for fact=value[description][actions] naming
convention when publishing facts due to conflict when parsing fact values
which include special characters such as().  are no longer used to
delimit descr/action fields.
4) Support for LDAP by Domain Server and Admin Console/User Manager
- 0007288: [Domain Server] Integrate User/Group Security Model with LDAP source
- 0006725: [Admin Console] Integrate User/Group Security Model with LDAP source
Domain server may fail to start following java 1.8 update 161 or later
AutoPilot M6 - 6.0 su28(.x)
- 0018008: [CEP Server] Unable to record FACT_SUMMARY for Experts and Managers.
- 0018388: [Admin Console] Links break after save of bsv on SU 27.1
- 0018464: [Policies] Success not generated after clearing condition when repeat scheme used
- 0018762: [Domain Server] SecurityException in Domain Server with Su27 on IBM JRE
- 0018799: [Utilities] update support portal scripts to use latest versions of streams
- 0018811: [Installation] Update shared java files to recent versions
- 0017997: [CEP Server] Unable to record fact state for Experts and Managers
AutoPilot M6 - 6.0 su27.1
- 0018078: [Policies] root sensor stays in the initial severity indefinitely until restarted
- 0018125: [Policies] Linked sensor tree may not be shown in Enterprise Manager
AutoPilot M6 - 6.0 su27
- 0016601: [apnet] Provide a command to toggle ignore for a fact
- 0016730: [Policies] Add support for generic JDBC url in SQL logging - verification.
- 0017442: [CEP Server] Expose external host and port to Domain for container operation
- 0016797: [Domain Server] Unable to start DS after an upgrade to JRE 1.8.0_161
- 0017437: [Installation] Add CEP Source to events streamed via tnt4j
- 0015413: [Admin Console] dialog box is not closing after assigning user to groups
- 0017824: [Policies] Alert Should display if "User defined Name" not specified in Dynamic sensor options.
- 0017741: [Policies] Error message should display when tried to start a Policy(which already running) using "startPolicy action".
- 0017195: [pkgman] add package manager support for conditional actions based on prompt
- 0017220: [Admin Console] Fact sink and transaction sink may interfere with each other .
- 0017656: [Policies] When event from dynamic sensor is triggered , wrong data being logged to a flat file
- 0017428: [Policies] Add ability not to log sensor status to a file during the Ignore window
- 0016791: [CEP Server] Facts build up causes OutOfMemory exception and crash of the managed node
- 0017604: [Policies] Business view shows the same state like Warning or Error after Acknowledged a sensor
- 0017532: [Policies] Sensors that trigger after an ignore period should check if they are currently in a new ignore window
AutoPilot M6 - 6.0 su26.2
- 0017027: [Admin Console] Links in business flow diagrams for sensors may not link to correct sensor
AutoPilot M6 - 6.0 su26.1
- 0016817: [Policies] Substitution values such as %sevstr% may report incorrect severity in some cases
AutoPilot M6 - 6.0 su26
- 0016445: [pkgman] Provide package manager option to allow adding a line even if it already in the file
- 0014130: [Policies] Need to dynamically create folders in business views
- 0015779: [Policies] Sensor is set to ignore only once for Success. "IGN" sign is not seen next to it subsequently
- 0015846: [Web Console] Sorting does not work in M6 web console
- 0016096: [Policies] Linking to a sensor and then linking to a policy may not correctly reflect policy as target
- 0016278: [CEP Engine] some JSON NRD File numeric values are treated as string values
- 0016313: [Admin Console] Linked Policies may not show the details for the linked sensors
- 0016616: [Admin Console] Unable to Login via Enterprise Manager with LDAP user using mixed Service Updates
- 0016580: [Policies] Regular expression performance improvements
AutoPilot M6 - 6.0 su25
- 0016077: [Policies] Dragging and dropping sensor produces NullPointerException
- 0015982: [CEP Engine] improvements to fact streaming to simplify usage
- 0016095: [CEP Engine] Fact Latency delay when streaming service is not active or slow responding
- 0015881: [Installation] incorporate streaming components into base AutoPilot Installation
- 0015981: [Policies] For sensor logs which have no maximum size, do not write the end of log entry
- 0015648: [CEP Server] In policy manager WMQ configuration, support environment variables for values
- 0015956: [Policies] Support expiry setting for MQ messages generated from policy
- 0015955: [Policies] Set Message format and expiry for policy messages sent to MQ
- 0015649: [CEP Server] Allow environment variables in Queue Manager Port
- 0015707: [Utilities] JSON formatted NRD file
- 0015401: [pkgman] Older versions of JRE should be removed from Package Manager
- 0015611: [Policies] Ability to use ignore parent settings applying to child clone sensors
- 0015834: [CEP Server] Unable to remove/delete derived metrics filter once its created
- 0009248: [Policies] ability for sensor not to go into initial severity until after the state change delay timer has expired
- 0008652: [Admin Console] Comparison of double to 0 doesn't trigger - requires 0.0
- 0014130: [Policies] Need to dynamically create folders in business views
- 0015701: [Policies] Add Streaming options to Find Object
- 0014933: [Domain Server] Clean up process for unused auto-generated LDAP users from user database
- 0015389: [CEP Engine] Produce statistics for streaming data
- 0015570: [Policies] Receiving RC 2035 Failed connect to queue manager when using Policy Manager action to send Mq events
- 0015585: [Policies] Action - SendMQEvent not found
- 0014552: [Domain Server] Domain Server shouldn't start if license is expired or invalid
- 0015529: [Policies] changes made in the sensor wizard in the alert and general tabs, while sensor properties window is open, do not take affect
- 0014710: [Admin Console] Sensor properties screen is asking to 'Apply' twice
- 0015396: [Installation] "Full package uninstall" pops-up a blank window
- 0015249: [Admin Console] Adding and then changing extra permissions for other users and groups creating a blank user
- 0015543: [Policies] Ability to display sensors in alphabetical order
AutoPilot M6 - 6.0 su24.1
- 0011584 [Admin Console] Unable to drop down and select predefined user actions
- 0015520 [Admin Console] Provide option to reestablish sensor links after changes to linked-to sensors
AutoPilot M6 - 6.0 su24
- 0015028: [Policies] Severity of Linked Sensors not propagating to Business Process (.bsp)
- 0015216: [Policies] policy that goes to normal state should not issue event if suppress false alarms is checked
- 0015107: [Policies] Need to change the default sort order for dynamic sensors
- 0014909: [CEP Server] Sensor Properties mass change sets environment variables to "previous entries"
- 0015116: [Admin Console] Complete drop down for attributes and derived metrics viewable on policy rules
- 0014812: [Policies] Policy Manager action to send MQ Event
- 0014883: [Policies] Unable to save a policy with the user that is part of LDAP group
- 0014774: [Policies] Policy supppression not working when policy restarted.
- 0013528: [Policies] Warning message pops-up when saving policy
- 0013494: [CEP Server] Empty file is generated when Domain or CEP is started
- 0015391: [CEP Engine] Add support for multiple user OIDs when sending SNMP traps
- 0008158: [Admin Console] Deploy Expert Confirmation Dialog Doesn't Display Changed Name
AutoPilot M6 - 6.0 su23
- 0014309: [Installation] No Class Definiton Found in MQ Client applications after applying SU22
- 0006620: [Policies] Provide the ability to link from a policy to a sensor
- 0013292: [Policies] When the alert from the parent is triggered, the %cause% has a random child sensor name
- 0004618: [Policies] Apply Sensor Properties to multiple Sensors
- 0013799: [Admin Console] Provide option to search with a policy for a specific sensor
- 0007500: [Policies] Add ability to retrieve the count or sum from dynamic sensors
- 0010523: [Admin Console] Add ability for multiple permissions access control to objects
- 0014161: [Policies] Eliminate requirement for logging attributes in both model and clone
- 0013455: [CEP Engine] need an option to suppress duplicate alerts after policies or CEP is restarted
- 0014138: [Domain Server] Expert may not be removed if set for asynchronous update
- 0014008: [Admin Console] Admin console can show up off screen if screen sizes change from session to session
- 0013874: [Policies] Unable to use an email address derived from a fact name or value to alert from Sensors
- 0007281: [Policies] Add ability to support Fact value as formatted value for Email Alert
- 0013787: [Policies] SNMP Trap Time Ticks value reports large value compared to CEP Instance Start
- 0006396: [Admin Console] Add ability for Action Manager interface have formatted edit window to make changes includes a confirmation of SAVE dialog.
- 0003965: [CEP Engine] Clone Sensors: Ignore Schedule does not show time frame set up.
- 0012495: [Policies] Add ability to log policy actions perform by user
- 0010594: [Domain Server] Ability to log user access management activity.
- 0013808: [Admin Console] Unable to copy and paste a clone
- 0014099: [Admin Console] Unable to COPY expert from one CEP instance to another
- 0014229: [Admin Console] Java 8 Update 60 incompatible with existing launch code including Enterprise Manager