Some of the content described in this article is available in meshIQ Manage versions 11 and greater. See meshIQ Highlights v11 for an overview of feature changes.
Add or modify connections
To add a connection definition, you must have the Configure Connections right.
On the workspace, select the Manage Workgroup Servers icon.
You will be presented with a list of existing connections.
To add a new connection, click Add. To edit an existing connection, select its checkbox and click Modify.
- The primary setting is the Connection Name.
- The Server(s) field contains the list of servers by host or IP address where it runs. (See also the Failover section below.)
- The port number will always be the same for all instances.
Multiple servers can be listed for failover, such as grid or other failover techniques. If you enter more than one server, you must separate entries using commas, as shown below. The user session will connect to the first active workgroup server. Should that workgroup server failover to another one in the list, the user will need to reconnect in order to continue.
You can also manage viewlet to workgroup server mappings if you need to reconfigure workgroup server definitions. To reassign viewlets from one workgroup server connection to another:
- Click Re-Assign Viewlets. The Viewlet Reassignment Location Picker opens.
- Select the connection that you want to reassign viewlets from using the Connection From list.
- Select the connection that you want to reassign viewlets to using the Connection To list.
- Click Next.
- Locate the viewlets you want to reassign using the filter text box (under Viewlets:) and the viewlet type list to the right.
- Select the viewlet you want to reassign and click the Assign > button. Or to move all viewlets listed on the left, click Assign All >>.
- Click OK.
Create connection groups
- Click Connection Groups. The WGS Connection Group Properties window opens.
- Enter a Connection Group Name for the new group.
- Locate the connections you want to add to a group using the Filter By: text box.
- Select the connection you want to add and click the Assign > button. Or to move all connections listed on the left, click Assign All >>.
- Click Save. The new group is added.
- Click Close to return to the Work Group Server Connections dialog.
- Select the workgroup server connection you want to verify.
- Click Verify connection. The Enter Password dialog is displayed.
- Enter your Password and click OK. The Verify connection button changes to indicate that the application is attempting to connect.
If the connection is successful, a "Connection successful" message is displayed: