The Personal Tokens option is only available on the User Settings menu when using a non-Global repository.
The instructions below pertain to XRay version 1.6. For version 1.5 instructions, see Personal Tokens (v1.5) below.
Access Tokens v1.6 (Admin Settings or User Settings)
Users define and generate their own access tokens, or personal tokens, for the following scenarios:
- For yourself:
- Generate a token to be able to import data into a repository
- For others:
- Give someone else the right to stream data to your repository. This might be a 3rd party that you want to collect data from. Once they have provided the required data, you can set an Expire Time or remove the token to discontinue streaming access.
To set up an access token:
- Click Create.
- (Optional.) Enter a Token prefix to identify the type of token, if needed.
- Select the Repositories to which the token provides access. You can choose individual repositories, one at a time. (To remove a selection, click the X provided for that repository.)
- (Optional.) To set up the token to expire, use the Expire Time field to select a specific date and time.
- Update the Token Options as needed. By default, all objects are selected (the Select all checkbox is selected). You can clear the checkbox to choose individual items, one at a time. See Token Options below for a list of objects.
- Query (for getting data). Allows a user to access the repository data (for example, from the mobile application)
- Modify Allows users to modify non-administrative data in the repository. This includes the ability to both add and update items.
- Delete Allows users to delete non-administrative data in the repository
- Admin allows users to manipulate administrative data only (that is, the following items): Users, Organizations, Teams, Repositories, and Tokens (listed as "AccessTokens").
- Execute allows users to use Invoke commands (to invoke scripts, actions, or external actions).
- Click Create.
Items marked with asterisks below are administrative items. These are controlled by the Admin token option.
Personal Tokens (v1.5)
Go to Main Menu > User Settings > Personal Tokens to view all tokens. Maintain existing tokens and generate new tokens with unique QR codes for repositories. Personal tokens with QR codes are useful for mobile app users.
When Stream status is set to Active, real-time data will be supported. When Query status is set to Inactive, API users using this token will not have the ability to run queries.
To generate a new token with a unique QR code for a repository, from the bottom of the window select a repository from the Repositories drop-down menu and click Generate token.
Click on the blue square icon immediately to the left of the token code to display the QR code.